Welcome to the Kings River-Hardwick School District website!
The Kings River-Hardwick Union Elementary School Districtwide Charter, recognizing the value of every child, will continually strive to inspire students to learn and grow beyond their potential by:
- Fostering a collegial team atmosphere between home, community, and school for the benefit of each student
- Insuring a quality education and positive learning experience
- Providing Instruction that meets the individual needs of each student
- Developing the learning and social skills necessary for life-long learning
- Facilitating an open-door policy allowing all people concerned with the well-being of each student
July 17, 2020
Dear Kings River-Hardwick Families,
Our goal for the past several months has been to safely get our children back to in-classroom education. I know this has also been a priority for our parents and families based on the current survey we just put out earlier this week asking parents to select the academic model preferred for your children. With more than half of all students accounted for at this time, 78% have selected Classroom-Based Learning and 22% have selected Distance Learning.
This afternoon, July 17, 2020, Governor Newsom and the California Department of Public Health made the announcement that schools may not return to in-person instruction until the county has been removed from the state monitoring list for fourteen days, which is not anticipated in Kings County for some time. This announcement and guidance make it clear that our plan and hopes to reopen with in-person instruction will not be possible by the beginning of the school year. This means we will start the school year with all our students placed in the Distance Learning Academic Model.
We will be releasing more details to families within the next two weeks. However, please be assured the Distance Learning Model we will be implementing will NOT be the same as the emergency learning we did last spring. In stark contrast, Distance Learning in 2020-2021 is NOT optional or under a “hold harmless” interpretation. As specified in the reopening newsletter you received on Wednesday, the Kings River-Hardwick Distance Learning Model will provide students with the same rigorous instruction and high level of expectations that we are known for providing during on-site instruction. We are committed to ensuring our students continue to receive the quality education our parents expect and our students deserve. Following are a few details that may answer some of the questions you may have.
- Distance learning students will be assigned to a KRH teacher
- Students will be engaged in a full day of instruction Monday through Friday and attendance will be taken each day
- Students will receive live instruction from their teacher, prerecorded lessons from the teacher and/or online resources, and allotted time for independent work
- Students will receive instruction based on sequencing and pacing of KRH. This will include participation in local and state assessments
- Students will be required to complete/submit assignments, and work will be graded
- Students will receive a KRH report to parents each trimester, and you will be scheduled for a virtual parent conference (same as peers attending school in-person)
- Students will be issued an iPad or Chromebook device (same as peers attending school in person) to use for instructional purposes
- Students will be issued hard copy materials/textbooks (same as peers attending school in person)
- Lunch options will be available
In addition, we are currently reviewing options for potentially providing childcare for parents who need it during the school day. As additional information on this program becomes available we will share updates with our families.
Thank you for your patience and support during this challenging time. Together, I am confident we will be able to support the positive growth and development of our precious children.
We fully anticipate that Kings River-Hardwick will be allowed to re-open for in-classroom instruction once authorities have determined it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we still need our parents/guardians to make their preferred choice for academic model for the 2020-2021 academic year, so that we can continue to prepare and plan accordingly.
If you haven’t already done so, please visit the form here: https://forms.gle/FwLnVo8hNyXd7GvPA
We have extended the deadline to Wednesday, July 22.
For more information, please visit: https://www.kingsriverhardwick.com/school/backtoschool/
If you have any questions, please call or email us at email@example.com